BeautyMe Love Recipes

BeautyMe Love Recipes

Saturday, November 22, 2014

Sugee Cookies


I spotted this Sugee Cookies recipe unknowingly from SCS website with the use of Semolina Flour. I was curious about how it would take taste and amazingly, the cookies came out crunchy and buttery. Even though I used Buttercup instead of SCS butter, my whole kitchen was covered with the wonderful butter aroma. Frankly speaking, I felt these cookies tasted more like butter cookies than Sugee Cookies.

Another note - I found it was not easy to handle the dough and cut into shapes as the dough was quite wet. So I put the dough into the fridge for a while and dusted some plain flour on the surface before I flattened the dough and cut it into shapes.


Ingredients 

200g butter
100g icing sugar
180g semolina flour
120g plain flour
1/2 tsp baking soda

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 175 deg C. 
2. Line sheet pans with grease-proof paper.
3. Put all the dry ingredients in a bowl and whisk to combine.
4. In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter for a bout 2 mins until smooth and creamy.
5.Gradually add in the dry ingredients and combine with a handheld mixer. It should form a soft dough.
6. Roll the dough into balls, shape into cubes, or other cute shapes.
7. Place them on the pan for about two inches apart and bake for 14 to 16 mins.
8. Let the cookies cool and keep them in an airtight jar.

No comments: