BeautyMe Love Recipes

BeautyMe Love Recipes

Sunday, June 29, 2014

Pandan Huat Kueh



I am glad these Pandan Huat Kueh really huat beautifully, making my Sunday morning a lucky one :).  

This recipe comes with butter which is not quite common for normal huat kueh. Overall taste is ok but I still prefer my Ji Dan Gao that were more eggy.  

*Note: I do not have blender to make the pandan juice, so I replaced with Pandan Paste.




Recipe adapted from Kenneth Goh (with slight modificiation)

Ingredients

200g water
140g sugar
A few drop of Pandan Paste

50g butter (melted)
1 egg

250g self raising flour
1 tsp baking powder

Red colouring

Directions

1. In a pot, heat water and sugar until sugar dissolved. Off the heat, add in pandan paste and set aside.
2. Melt the butter in microwave. When cool, add in the egg and stir lightly until well combined. Set aside.
3. Prepare steamer.
3. In a mixing bowl, shift self raising flour and baking powder. Make a well in the centre and add pandan syrup, followed by egg butter mixture. Whisk until well mixed.
4. Fill cupcake cups with 3/4 batter. Steam in the steamer at high heat for 15-20 mins.  

No comments: