BeautyMe Love Recipes

BeautyMe Love Recipes

Thursday, May 21, 2015

Super Soft Bread


I tried the modification and concluded the following:

1) Replacement of Milk with water and it did take away the strong yeast taste (not sure if this fully contribute to the reduction of yeast taste).
2) Reduced the yeast to 11g (hoping to use exactly 1 pkt). Felt the bread was still soft but not as cottony as with 16g. I guess I will use 15g for my future bakes (so can help to reduce more yeast taste).
3) Reduced the oil to 80g (I do not think have any impact).
4) I have increased the sugar to 60g as I felt the bread not that sweet by itself.
5) Happy with the various toppings (Nutella, Chocolate Rice, Almond Flakes and Pork Floss) and all tasted so yummy!

Revised Ingredients as follows:

Ingredients

280g Milk (microwave it warm)
80g canola oil
15g instant yeast
60g castor sugar
1.5 tsp salt
1 egg
475g bread flour

1st baked on 19 May 2015

I came across this recipe from MiMi Bakery House and was amazed by the easy steps and the short time required for proofing, yet able to yield such super soft texture. I am so happy to see the dough rise so much as I always wanted to see in bread making. However, there are a few points that I want to take note and modify for my next bake.

1) I felt that the bread has quite a strong taste of yeast, so I would like to replace water with milk (hope it can help to reduce the yeast taste)
2) To reduce the yeast a little to 11g (1 pkt exactly).
3) To try out with more variety of fillings or toppings.

Ingredients

280g warm water
83g canola oil
16g instant yeast
56g castor sugar
1.5 tsp salt
1 egg
475g bread flour

Directions

1. In a mixing bowl, add water, oil, sugar and yeast and mix well. Allow to rest for 15 mins and the mixture will become foamy.
2. Add salt, egg and bread flour into above mixture. Knead with dough hook for 10 mins on high speed. The dough will become smooth with a little stickiness.
3. Divide dough into desired shapes and place on baking tray, cover with damp cloth to allow them to proof for about 10 mins.
4. After proofing, egg wash the dough and bake at preheated oven 220 Deg C for 10-15 mins or until bread turns golden brown.

No comments: