BeautyMe Love Recipes

BeautyMe Love Recipes

Sunday, February 9, 2014

Butter Cookies

Recently, my friend recommended me to try Lurpak Butter to make Danish Butter Cookies. The butter came with recipes for various kind of cookies and so I decided to give it a try. This is my first time making cookies dough into oblong rolls, just needed to cut into slices and bake it. Kind of interesting but I found the dough a little difficult to roll nicely. The final products did smell buttery but I felt it did not have the buttery taste as I wanted. Will try another Danish Butter Cookies recipe from my friend and see if it will taste more buttery.

Ingredients

250g Lurpak Butter
125g icing sugar
1 egg
350g plain flour

Directions

1. Cut butter into small pieces and mix with other ingredients with a mixer. Mix till just combined.
2. Roll the dough into an oblong sausage, wrap the dough sausage in baking paper and refrigerate for 2 hours.
3. Cut the dough into thin slices, placing the slices on a baking sheet.
4. Bake the cookies in preheated oven at 200 deg C for 6-8 mins until golden.
5. Cool the cookies on a cooling rack and them store in airtight container.

5 comments:

Baby Sumo said...

I think it's the hot weather which makes the dough hard to manage, I also face this problem. Usually I will put it in the fridge for 1 hr before cutting.

Rina Hatano said...


Hi,

We have noticed that you have great recipe posts on your blog site and would like to give you the opportunity to share them with the world!

We are a recipe search engine where you can find thousands of recipes by bloggers who indexed their recipe blog, we would be delighted if you chose to join us.

Please have a look at our website (http://www.alldishes.co.uk) if you would like to your blog listed alongside the best ones in your country, all you have to do is to register your blog from here.
http://www.alldishes.co.uk/add-your-food-blog

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to email us at info@alldishes.co.uk.

We hope to see you soon!

BeautyMe said...

Hi Rina,

Thank you so much for the invitation and very honoured that I can have the opportunity to share my recipes in your website. I am currently quite tight up with my office work and will definitely schedule time to work on this.

Thanks again.
BeautyMe Love Recipes

Anonymous said...

Hi!

Can I know approximately how many pieces of cookies can this recipe yields?

And did you use the salted or unsalted version of Lurpak butter?

Thanks!

BeautyMe said...

HI Siawtan,

I didn't count but estimate about 20pcs or more. For the butter, I bought the unsalted ones as I didn't see any salted ones. However, I still like SCS butter compared to Lurpak.

Give it a try and see if you like Lurpak.

Thanks
BeautyMe Love Recipes