BeautyMe Love Recipes

BeautyMe Love Recipes

Thursday, May 23, 2013

Cake In A Jar

Baked this on 11 May 2013

I have decided to create my own "Cake in A Jar" after I came across an interesting shop that sells this (they have different cake & cream content in it). I think this could be a great gift for close friends as it's very presentable and perhaps adding a little personal touch with their name on it would be even perfect!

I baked a Chocolate Sponge Cake and placed small parts of cake (press down a little) in the jar between a layer of Cream Cheese frosting. I also threw in some chocolate flakes on the last layer of cream cheese frosting, so as to add a little more chocolaty taste to the cake.

I kept this "Cake in A Jar" in the fridge since there was cream cheese content in it. Amazingly, the cake was still very spongy and soft even after 2 days. 

Give it a try and let your creative juice run wild on & in the jar.

No comments: