BeautyMe Love Recipes

BeautyMe Love Recipes

Saturday, February 16, 2013

Shortbread Squares

I was so happy that I spotted this recipe as I could finish up all my leftover cherries. I am a lover of shortbread and I really like this recipe. It has strong buttery taste and aroma. 

I have reduced the sugar from 170g to 160g but felt it could be further reduced to 150g. I have ran out of plain flour, so I used self-raising flour instead. The next time, I will try with plain flour to find out if there is any difference to the texture.

P.S. This shortbread is crumbly with soft texture, not crunchy like cookies.

Ingredients

150g corn flour
250g SCS butter
150g castor sugar
50g rice flour
200g plain flour/self raising flour
Red cherries
Green cherries

Directions

1.Sift together cornflour, rice flour and plain flour.
2.Cream butter and sugar till well combined and add in sifted flour and mix into a dough.
3.Grease a shallow biscuit tray and press dough evenly onto tray. Cut dough lightly into 3cm squares.
4.Decorate each square with red and green cherries.
5.Bake in preheated oven at 170 deg C for 20-25mins.
6.Leave to cool before cutting into squares.

2 comments:

Zoe said...

These "cherry" shortbread look very cute!

Nice to know you via blogging. Of course, I would love to be your friend... I'm now your latest follower. Cheers!

Zoe

BeautyMe said...

Hi Zoe,

I am so honoured and happy to have you as my follower. Hope to get more baking guidance from you.

I am not sure how I can get more circles of friends and followers to my blog, can you advise me.