BeautyMe Love Recipes

BeautyMe Love Recipes

Sunday, March 10, 2013

Pasta with Tomato & Mozzarella

Many thanks to Zoe from Bake for Happy Kids for visiting my blog and joined as my friend. It was through her bog that I learnt about "Cook like a Star" and I am very keen to participate in this event. 

I love this recipe but I have made a little modification  to suit my family preference. The sauce is quite different from the usual tomato sauce that we used to eat with spaghetti and everyone likes the newly introduced sauce.

This post is linked to Cook Like A Star where this month's featured chef is Delia Smith, an event organised by Bake for Happy Kids, Piece of Cake and Eat your heart out

Also submitting to Little Thumbs Up by my little favourite DIY and Bake for Happy Kids.

Pasta with Tomato & Mozzarella recipe is listed on Very Good Recipes.

Here the recipe adapted from Delia Smith
(with some modification in blue)

Ingredients

Tomato Sauce
5 large Tomatoes 
1 tbsp olive oil
1/2 large onion (chopped finely)
1 large garlic (chopped finely)
A bunch of Parsley (chopped finely) - replaced of Basil leaves
4 tbsp sugar - additional ingredient
Salt and pepper to taste

1 pkt penne
1/2 pkt Mozzarella cheese 
few whole pasley (for garnish) - replaced of Basil leaves

Directions

1.Tomatoes sauce : Put tomatoes in a pot and bring water to boil. Drain off water and slip off the skins and chopped tomatoes finely.
2. Heat oil in saucepan, add onion and garlic and cook until they are softened and pale gold in colour.
3. Add chopped tomatoes and parsley. Then add salt, pepper and sugar. Simmer on low heat without lid until all the liquid has evaporated and the tomatoes reduced to thick consistency, stirring now and then.
4.Boil pasta in a pot, add a little olive oil and salt. Drain pasta and place on plate.
5. When ready to eat, add mozzarella cheese to the tomato sauce and stir until cheese softened.
6. Serve the sauce over the pasta and add a few parsley as garnish.

6 comments:

Mich Piece of Cake said...

Hi, thanks for cooking along with us. The pasta looks delicious.

Baby Sumo said...

Simple and delicious pasta! Keep the recipes coming :) -Yen

PS Have followed yr blog.

Zoe said...

Nice to have you cooking along with us! Glad that you can particpate both events with your yummy cheesy tomato pasta :D

Many many thumbs up!!!

BeautyMe said...

Hi,

I am so glad to have all of you visiting my blog and given me so much motivation to continue cooking & baking. Looking forward to your guidance along the way.

Thanks
Cecilia of
BeautyMe Love Recipes



mui mui said...

Hi Cecilia,

This is tomato pasta is my kids favourite. Yours look super yummy!! Little and big thumbs up for you!!!! :D

So glad to have you linking with LTU.
I am your newest follower now:D

mui

BeautyMe said...

Hi Mui,

Thanks for all the thumbs up :) and also my honour to have you as my friend to my blog.

Pls give me your guidance along the way.

Cheers!